Cawthra Gardens Long Term Care Community
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR CARE
- Registered nursing and personal care is provided 24-hours a day, 7 days
- Resident and family participation in developing and evaluating their
plan of care.
- Physicians and allied health care professionals provide specialized
care during their weekly visits.
- A 24-hour medical on call service.
- Fun filled calendar of activities. Day and evening recreational programs
conducted by trained staff are available for resident enjoyment.
- Therapeutic recreational programs for all residents, including the cognitively
- Nutritious home cooked meals planned in consultation with the residents,
by the Food Service Manager and a consulting Registered Dietitian to ensure
individual and dietary needs are met.
- Residents provided with choices at each meal to meet dietary and cultural
- Assistance with meals is readily available.
- Family members encouraged to dine with residents during lunch or supper
at $8.00* per person. meal tickets may be purchased up to one hour before the meal time. Private dining is available upon request and prior arrangement.
Take an iPix virtual tour of
one of our dining rooms
- Pharmacy services including a consulting pharmacist. Our pharmacy will
provide medications prescribed by our attending physicians at a charge
of $2.00* a month per medication.
- Restorative care programs to maintain and promote resident mobility,
wellness and personal sense of independence.
- On-site services such as, Mobile x-ray Physiotherapy, dentist, denturist,
optometrist, foot care, etc.
- Dental Services provided on site twice yearly to all residents and as
needed. The dentist/denturist will contact the resident’s respective
family to give an estimate of the expected charges for any work to be done.
Family consent is required prior to any dental work required by the resident.
You will be billed directly by the dental company.
- Environmental services to promote a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
- Laundry and labeling services available with a 24 hour turn around.
- Hairdressing in our own Beauty/Barber Shop. Hair services are provided
on a weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly basis as requested by the resident
or substitute decision maker. Fees vary based on services provided. You
will be billed directly by the hairdresser. Click
here for an iPix Virtual
- Family Stay over suite is available for short stays at no charge for out of town family
members who wish to spend some time with the resident.
- Family laundry room available to accommodate families who wish to do
resident personal clothing.
- Active partnership of community groups in the home to maintain contact
with the community.
- An active Pastoral Care Program to meet the multi-faith needs of the
*Price and availability subject to change without. Please contact Delcare
Cawthra Gardens for complete information. E. & O.E. November 14, 2006.